Land Development and Engineering (LDE) is seeking an Engineer for an exciting range of projects for central and local Authority work as well as domestic and commercial clients.
Based in the coastal/rural setting of Whangarei you will be confident and capable to work autonomously alongside an experienced team of engineering geologists, geotechnical engineers, civil /structural engineers locally while being supported by senior engineers throughout New Zealand.
The key focus of the company is to provide high quality information and advice in a timely manner to enhance our client’s success in their endeavours.
Depending on experience Technical work will involve organising or undertaking field testing including but not limited to;
- Scala penetrometer tests
- Hand augered boreholes
- Test pits and CPT
- Logging core samples
- Slope survey profiling
- Permeability testing
- Fill testing
- Clegg hammer testing
Project management includes;
- Communicating confidently directly with clients via telephone, face to face meetings, video conferencing, emails and letters.
- Determining suitable work scopes/methodologies and deliverables with options if required to meet the Clients objectives.
- Preparing and delivering succinct and well-presented Offers of Service
- Analysis of data, including analyses for slope stability, liquefaction, bearing capacity, settlement, retaining walls using proprietary software.
- Efficient preparation of reports for submission to the Client including typing and edits, effective preparation of plans and cross sections using CAD software and other proprietary software, and collaboration of appropriate data.
Essential to this position are:
- Bachelor of Science (Geology)
- PMEG (desirable)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Geotechnical)
2+Years’ experience working autonomously within New Zealand is mandatory and salary will relate directly to experience and ability.
Personal attributes required include:
- Being client focused
- Being enthusiastic and confident in engineering
- Being commercially aware
The benefits of the position are:
- Huge range of projects nationally
- Warm and sunny base locations, great for your lifestyle.
Is this your next career move?
If so, please email your PDF resume and expression of interest to our Admin team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.