ENGINEERING GEOLOGIST (2 ROLES) – GISBORNE
Land Development and Engineering (LDE) is a forward-thinking and well-resourced engineering company. We are seeking two Engineering Geologists looking for an exciting opportunity to team up with our regional offices to help the local engineers support and grow the geotechnical arm of our business.
With support from a strong chartered team nationally, you will have the tools and autonomy to make this role your own and genuinely contribute to your own future.
Be part of our growing team of specialists in geotechnical, civil, environmental, and structural engineering based in Gisborne, the first city in the world to see the sun of each new day, which epitomises surf, great lifestyle, and a welcoming community.
Say goodbye to the Rat Race.
Depending on experience, technical work will involve organising/undertaking field testing, including but not limited to:
- Scala penetrometer tests
- Hand augered boreholes
- Test pits and CPT
- Logging core samples
- Slope survey profiling
- Permeability testing
- Fill testing
- Clegg hammer testing
And project management includes:
- Communicating confidently directly with clients via telephone, face to face meetings, video conferencing, emails, and letters
- Determining suitability work/scopes/methodologies and deliverables with options if required to meet the clients’ objectives
- Preparing and delivering succinct and well-presented offers of service
- Analysis of data, including analyses for slope stability, liquefaction, bearing capacity, settlement, retaining walls using propriety software.
- Efficient preparation of reports for submission to the client, including typing and edits, effective preparation of plans and cross-sections using CAD software and other proprietary software, and collaboration of appropriate data.
The technical competencies essential to this position are:
- Bachelor of Science (Geology) PMEG (desirable)
- 3+ years’ experience working with NZ Standards
- PEngGeol or applicants close to becoming chartered favoured
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- While not essential, local experience is preferred
Personal attributes required include:
- Being client-focused
- Enthusiasm and confidence in engineering
- Commercially aware
The benefits of the position are:
- Exposure to a massive range of projects nationally
- Warm and sunny base locations, great for your lifestyle
- A family/friendly work environment
- An approachable team to share knowledge within the quest for perfection!
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this role; applicants should have a NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Is this your next career move?
If so, email your PDF resume and expression of interest to our HR team at email@example.com.